Happy Birthday to THE LOFT!
I’ve been a longtime client and friend of this fantastic business at 111 Fort Street ever since I moved to Winnipeg from the US seven years ago. I wanted to write this guest blog to dedicate a very happy 1st birthday wish to the new and remodeled version of this salon, The LOFT · Salon · Spa · Bar, and its owner Gerald Pankiw, as well as all of the wonderful people who make this place feel like a second family and home.
At some point or another I have had services from nearly every service provider at The LOFT. I love this place and the people who work there I consider friends and even family. The passion they exude in learning and growing in their craft makes every experience there so fun and relaxing. It’s unlike any other salon experience I’ve ever had. Believe it or not, this salon actually helped me settle into living in a new city where I didn’t know a single person – and helped me start to build a friend base full of amazing people.
If you haven’t had the pleasure of The LOFT Experience yet, I highly recommend you check it out. From the second you walk in the door and are greeted by the friendly front office staff, every experience there is unique and there is something for everyone. Below are some of my favourite things about The LOFT that I think make it such an overwhelmingly awesome experience.
- I’ll start with one of my favorite aspects: they are licensed! Yes people, the “bar” part of The LOFT Salon · Spa · Bar is no accident. They sell local Manitoba-brewed beer, Canadian wine and even mimosas. So if you are the type to enjoy an adult beverage, like me! this place is for you. There is even a physical bar where you can sit and enjoy a drink while you work on your laptop, flip through a magazine, even visit with a friend while your hair is processing; or even better yet, just because you aren’t quite ready to leave once your service is done…also like me J
- The products are amazing. With names like Redken, Living Proof, Kerastase, to name a few, how can you go wrong. They also have the best in the latest styling tools to help you achieve your looks at home. It’s really hard to do what they do unless you use what they use!
- If you are a fan of Grey’s Anatomy you know that the hospital on the show is a teaching hospital. I like to think of The LOFT as a teaching salon. Their apprenticeship program is amazing. Every year they bring in a talented new group of enthusiastic individuals from schools far and near. However, aside from simply providing some on the job training The LOFT helps guide their team into making their craft a profitable career. They give their entire team all the tools they need to build a clientele, stay up to date with the latest trends, and education throughout. They never stop learning and it shows in the fantastic services they provide. I love coming in for a blow dry with any of the new talent to see the wide variety of awesome styles they can do.
- The spa. What can I say about the amazing ladies that work in the spa area of The LOFT? They make every aesthetic service second to none. They take extreme pride in what they do and make their clients feel fantastic.
- Speaking of the spa: Get. A. Pedicure. They have these wicked zero gravity chairs that I’ve only ever seen in one other salon in my life. I’ve never had such a relaxing, high quality pedicure.
- The salon area itself is full of fun, high energy stylists that can help you achieve whatever look you are going for. And there’s a really cool photography area for those crazy before and after shots.
So there’s a few (and only a few) of my favorite things about this place. If you are reading this and you haven’t been yet, then guys/girls/kids: get moving! You will probably see me there!
Once again, Happy Birthday LOFT!
- Love Meg
About the author: Megan Kriegler is a beloved client and friend of The Loft.